1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Hmmm… I stood up for myself to someone, I learned to attach a cochlear implant to my daughter’s skull, I learned to enjoy hanging out with and playing with Beanlet.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I honestly don’t remember any of my resolutions for 2010. I think I have blocked them all out. Or something.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? A couple of HS buds I see on FB had their second kids but that’s about it.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No one close to me. No.
5. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? Income.
6. What countries did you visit? Um…. there are some cows in a pasture next to Beanlet’s dad’s house… does that count as “country”? Is Utah a country? Yeah, my life isn’t that exciting.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why: September 12 – Beanlet’s surgery.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Well, honestly, it’s an internal thing – I turned a corner and became a better mom and a better partner over night. It was rad and, though it’s not 100% or anything, it’s better than I’ve been in years.
9. What was your biggest failure? Mortgage Loan Officer. I attempted a new career. Colassal fail. ‘Nuff said.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just my chronic stuff. Major depression with a minor in anxiety.
11. What was the best thing you bought? New laptop, tickets to a couple of rad shows. And a Blogger Body Calendar, cuz well, obviously.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Jack. Without question: Jack
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? See this.
14. Where did most of your money go? I can’t accept the premise of this question. I don’t think any money was at any time *mine* during 2010
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Ummm…
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Not sure. Maybe somthing by Regina Spektor
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter, but in a good way
iii. richer or poorer? still flat fucking broke
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? hung out with Beanlet, found a job, read amazing books.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? regret the past, worry about what people thought, hidden in my hidey-hole
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Well, on December 24, 2010, my mother informed me that I will be spending Christmas, 2011 in Utah with extended family. I don’t think I can wrap my brain around that one yet.
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21. Because no one in the history of the Internet has ever successfully numbered one of these things.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009? I did, actually.
23. How many one-night stands? Well, um, yeah, none. Unless regularly fucking someone you’re not technically married to counts as a series of one-night stands. In which case, I’d try to count but I don’t remember what comes after eleventy-billion.
24. What was your favorite TV program? I tried to like Project Runway. Esp since a guy I did theater with in HS was on it this season, but I couldn’t like it. I just couldn’t. I’m sorry Tim Gunn — it’s not you, it’s the bitchy queens. Actually, the bitchy queens I can handle. The bitches – not so much. (YES GRETCHEN YOU ARE A BITCH – deal with it)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I’m really trying to let go of all of the hate I have in my heart. It’s all directed at people who USED to be a part of my life. Ex-bosses and coworkers mostly. A couple of names got added to that list in 2010 but like I said: I’m trying REALLY hard to let the hate go. It’s unproductive and only hurts me.
26. What was the best book you read? The Year of Living Biblically by AJ Jacobs. I even sent him an email through his website and he wrote me back! Made my week!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? I honestly can’t think of any music I *discovered* in 2010… I did discover that I will *never* be a singer. Ever. Not even in a church choir or something.
28. What did you want and get? Motivation, some rad friends (both in Internet-land and IRL), an AWESOME relationshp with my Beanlet. Oh, and a new laptop.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Don’t think I saw any movies that were actually made in 2010. Social Network is on my list, since I totally *heart* Aaron Sorkin. So’s Gulliver’s Travels even if it is a total ripoff of an idea no one liked to begin with. I still giggle everytime Jack Black is narrating Star Wars to the crowd in the preview. But, yeah, I can’t think of a single movie made in 2010 that I have seen. Wow.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Jack took me up to Seattle to stay overnight at the Crowne Plaza. I turned *30*. ARRGH
But Beanlet & I share a birthday so eventually I might start celebrating a week later or something so she can have the spotlight. We’ll see.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Income!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Jeans. Lots and lots of jeans. And I’m finally learning to do the whole NW layering tops thing. Finally.
34. What kept you sane? Meds, Jack, crafting, Beanlet, and, more recently, this Internet-dealiewobbie
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Jon Stewart! I have a deep, viceral love of Jon Stewart. Jon Stewart is the only man I would ever leave Jack for. And he knows this. Jon Stewart has been my dream man since at least 1999 when a girl I was friends with at the time photoshopped a pic of Jon Stewart with his arms around me for me. I totally have to dig that up one day. And then in 2010 Jon Stewart scooped mainstream media! Have I mentioned I love Jon Stewart?
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Many. Many Many. I did almost cry at one point when DADT repeal almost failed.
37. Who did you miss? My oldest friends. I feel like I’ve lost them all for good now. Even through the FB sometimes.
38. Who was the best new person you met? IRL, Kat & EarthBabe. On the Internet, handsdown it’s Aunt Becky. No contest. It’s like that year the Academy Award for best special effects was simply handed to Total Recall. I remember the presenters being all like “Yeah, so we tried to put together a list of nominees in this category, but really, none was even in the same solar system as this one so they get it. The End.” So yeah, Aunt Becky, that.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: Talk about how I’m feeling. Honestly. Somewhere. I don’t have to figure it all out by myself and the people around me appreciate it when they get the full story. Even Beanlet.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: “St. Peter don’t call me ‘cuz I can’t go! I sold my soul to the Company Store.”